About Team Motivated Motion

The 2010 Grass-roots effort of Lynn and Alex Tucker
Team Motivated Motion was created to make the 60km walkathon trek for The Shoppers Drug Mart Walk For Women's Cancers in Toronto
The Focus: To watch the team grow, and follow the progress for as long as it lasts. To give recognition to everyone who helps us work towards our goal. Plus to encourage folks to join us in the walk.
It is hard on a family when a loved-one is stricken with an illness that could potentially take their life. The person who is ill must recover, yet life still goes on, and the recovery must blend into the cadence of the family life. The hardest thing is Finding A New Normal. We represent all those who are struggling with this task. We walk for YOU.

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Walk Is Tomorrow


Well, this year has been low key for the fundraising, unlike other years.
But I must say that this year I had great fun planning my fundraising event.
By the sounds of it Carnival Diablo enjoyed the collaboration, so I am definitely hoping to be on board with them next year.
Next year is the 20th anniversary of Carnival Diablo, so I will have to plan a raffle give-away keeping with the theme of the 20th anniversary. I have been boiling something up in my caldron!

We raised $260.00 for the event.

Today was also the draw for the handmade shawl.
The winner of the shawl is: Mrs Doris Ferguson of Carleton Place

I am saddened to say, that upon contacting the family of Doris Ferguson I found out she passed away on September 1st. She lost her own battle with cancer. My heart breaks for her family. Such a loss of such a sweet soul. This is why I fundraise. I have watched too many pass from this disease and so far I have been spared. I don't take life for granted and because I feel blessed I feel I have to give back.
I will send the shawl to her daughter Jody, and perhaps it will help comfort her a little when she is missing Mom.

I will ask for the prayer circle to put her family in our prayers.


Thanks to everyone else for participating.

No comments:

Post a Comment