About Team Motivated Motion

The 2010 Grass-roots effort of Lynn and Alex Tucker
Team Motivated Motion was created to make the 60km walkathon trek for The Shoppers Drug Mart Walk For Women's Cancers in Toronto
The Focus: To watch the team grow, and follow the progress for as long as it lasts. To give recognition to everyone who helps us work towards our goal. Plus to encourage folks to join us in the walk.
It is hard on a family when a loved-one is stricken with an illness that could potentially take their life. The person who is ill must recover, yet life still goes on, and the recovery must blend into the cadence of the family life. The hardest thing is Finding A New Normal. We represent all those who are struggling with this task. We walk for YOU.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our Role is Set!


First of all I want to thank everyone who has supported Alex and I as Team Motivated Motion!
The old and new friends who have come to support us is huge!
We worked really really hard because you all made such great efforts to encourage us this far.

We said we would use this blog as long as the team lasts and we are committed to the walk.

We have already signed our 2011 commitment to participate in the walk.

For those interested in joining the team and training with Lynn and/or Alex for the 2011 event will be able to register early, and we will pass on this info when it is available.

We are continuing the training through the fall and then the winter, with the strong training focus to be ramped up sometime near the end of February.

If you wish to join the team as a walker, or crew member(non walker) you can do that! We would love that!
In early 2011 Lynn will get commitment from corporate sponsors to match the team's fundraising efforts. So we will have some corporate back-up for our efforts.

Join the team early and start the fundraising in the New Year, begin the training this year, and prepare to have the biggest blast you could possibly have!

The team did not make its fundraising limit. We were close. But close does not count. We both had the opportunity to have another two day responsibility for our efforts so we could partake of the whole experience.

Alex made a decision this Wednesday to go home, as there was a pressing problem with his primer design program he wrote for Amber and the simple fix became quite difficult this week, as he tried to fix this remotely and it just could not come together. So I felt it was meant to be that he go home so he could easily deal with the problem there.

I (Lynn) am still confirmed as a media walker. But I just missed my goal to walk, so I am taking on another role. I will still be interviewed by the media, and then I will take on the crew role and be able to work at specific stations over the two days. I am thrilled with this!
When it was looking like I may have to walk alone without my team mate I was a bit nervous. Now I get to partake of the whole experience and be part of the big group and still talk to the news and represent Newmarket, and I get to support the walkers in a huge way!
My job will now actually start on Friday!
I will also have more opportunity to take photos and tweet and send Facebook messages about the experience! I will be armed with my trusty camera and video camera and extra batteries and chargers and memory cards to cover the event!

Lynn will be interviewed by the media on the event days, so please watch for her on the Toronto News stations!

I will have a really clear picture of the whole of the experience, as I will spend three days helping out instead of two and I will see the back end and participant end, and be able to share the experience to be even a better team leader for next year!

We so appreciate everything you all have done and the support you all have given us! Please follow the blog here, or Lynn Lundy Tucker on Facebook over the weekend! or @WitchAmy on Twitter to get the latest news about the weekend event!

Bless you all for getting us this far! Please remember us next year, as the Team Motivated Motion remains alive for 2011! Please consider joining us as a walker or crew for next year!

Thanks so much,

Lynn Tucker
and
Alex Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment